Monday, January 31, 2011

Welcome to SamanthaFross

Welcome to SamanthaFross

This is a long update that I did not feel like retyping so here is a link. It is all Good news.

Love Kathie

Great News

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Samantha has B. Cepacia

The doctor just called and gave me the final report from the lab and Samantha does have B. Cepacia.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Update 3/31/2010

So it has been a rough and busy day today. Started out with Samantha getting a strange rash on her face and one arm, that we don't have a clue what is causing it. Then she spiked a fever of 105F and her resperations and heart rate shot up. After a bolus of IV fluids and some Motrin her vitals are back to normal and her temp was at 100.4 about an hour ago. She still has the rash though it hasn't really gotten worse it does get darker when her temperature goes up.

Friday, March 19, 2010

We are HOME

We finally got to leave the hospital yesterday at 3:00. So glad to be home. Her oxygen sats stayed at or above 93% Wednesday night. Absolutely wonderful news. THANK YOU for all the prayers.
Off to be lazy for a little while before I put everything up from the hospital

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Update 3/17/2010 GOOD news

So when the doctor finally came around today the decision was made NOT to do the echo cardiogram. She did not require oxygen last night and her numbers started creeping upwards this afternoon (a GOOD thing). She started staying at a fairly steady 95% and bouncing upwards to 97% where she was staying 90-92% and bouncing to 94%.
If she has a good night tonight and all of her medications get the authorizations that they need she will come home tomorrow.
Thank you so much to everyone for all the prayers. Once again my Angel has been touched by God and pulled through without a trip to PICU or any additional diagnoses.

Please remember that generally no news is good news, so if you don't hear from me for a day or two it is because Samantha is home, and we are sleeping....

Loves to All

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Update 3/16/2010

Samantha had to have oxygen again last night while she was asleep. So the doctors have said that if she needs oxygen again tonight that they will want to do an echo cardiogram on her to check for pulmonary hypertension. Don't ask me what all this means because I have not yet gotten it all figured out other than she may have to come home on PRN (as needed) oxygen... Just another page in this very long story for my little girl. The doctor showed me her x-rays from last month and this month and if there was any change to speak of it was just a tiny bit in the right lung, as the doctors have said this whole visit, definitely nothing to match the numbers that she has been having.
Physical therapy also said that she is still very winded and not bouncing back like she normally does. The PT said that normally by this time (Day 10 inpatient) that Samantha is normally running laps around the PT. With her just sitting in bed playing a calm game she is only staying at 92-94% and she is normally 97% or higher.
I think it is time for many more prayers for my baby girl.
Here is to hoping the doctors can figure out what is going on and get on top of it.

Till next time